Friday 2 November 2012

Photoshoot - Behind Burlesque

A while ago I was contacted by Neil Lewis - a photographer based in North London, asking if I would be interested in collaborating with him on a project he was beginning. This was to be a book called 'Behind Burlesque' looking at the lives of Burlesque performers across the country. He had already worked with a couple of friends and I'd seen the fabulous results so I was happy to take part!

A week or so ago, Neil came to Proud Cabaret where I was performing to take a couple of live and backstage shots:

 
Backstage with Slinky Sparkles ** Getting my costumes ready

 
Comparing costumes with Coco DuBois ** Removing make-up after the show

I was excited for him to photograph my acts as I was performing my newest routine 'Midnight' and a reworked version of my existing piece 'Sugar' - it's sometimes quite tricky to get good live shots straight away of new acts so I was pleased they came out well.

 
Live shots of 'Sugar'

 
Live shots of 'Midnight'

On Wednesday I visited his studio to take some further images that will hopefully be used in the book when it is ready for publishing: I'll post the links here when it's available!

Cabaret

Cabaret

Midnight

Midnight 

Sugar

Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment