Sunday 10 February 2013

Beauty Blog

I realised as I was writing this that it is exactly a year since my very first Glossybox Beauty Blog! Where does the time go?

Valentines GlossyBox

GlossyBox Brochure

MicaBella Cosmetics: Mineral Blush Powder
While I'm not sure about the colour of this blush, as I usually prefer a slightly pinker shade, I like the texture and slight glittery sheen. I would probably use this more for contouring than blush and for a very natural, daytime look.


MeMeMe Cosmetics: Beat The Blues
I was very excited to find this in my GlossyBox - I *love* MeMeMe! This skin illuminator works to highlight cheekbones or temples, or can be mixed with foundation for a natural glow. The texture felt quite thick, however I'm looking forward to using it as part of my regular make-up kit.

Helen E Cosmetics: Moisturising Lipstick
When I saw the colour of this lipstick in the tube, I was a little bit disappointed as it appeared quite similar to a shade I had received in a previous GlossyBox. However, once I had applied the lipstick, I was pleasantly surprised - it is much more natural and flattering than I had expected, and is actually a nice daytime shade. And yes, my lips felt nice and moisturised too.


Narciso Rodriguez: Foe Her l'eau
This is a 'first look' exclusive of a new fragrance launching this month. The blurb states that this is a 'modern and sensual fragrance' which 'forgoes the traditional citrus and blends a symphony of floral top notes with a heart of musk.' I'm never usually a fan of the fragrance samples in GlossyBox as I have my usual favourite perfume - this is slightly too musky for my personal taste, but it is a nice, sensual fragrance and lasted a long time.

Docteur Renaud: Raspberry Soft Cream
Yes, I like this a lot. The cream is formulated for dry and sensitive skin, which I have, and has hydrating properties and all natural ingredients. The cream texture was thick and luxurious so a little went a long way and it smelled divine. My skin felt instantly moisturised and still does, several hours later.

If you liked reading this Beauty Blog, why not have a look at some previous GlossyBox reviews?

No comments:

Post a Comment