Saturday 16 December 2017

Countdown to Christmas

True to form, December has been a very busy month!

Still found time to put the Christmas tree up though!

It was strange coming back to Burlesque after such a long time away - I wasn't even sure I'd remember how to do it! I mean, sure, I know how to take my bra off, I still do it most days; but in time to music, one handed, holding a pair of feather fans, while people watch... hmmm...

  
With the gorgeous Sasha Flexy ** Mirror Picture! With Missy Fatale and Veronica Blacklace

But, while much has changed (and maybe that's a subject for another blog?), some things haven't changed, and one of those things is how welcoming the cabaret world is. I've had Facebook messages from people welcoming me back, and glitter-covered hugs at backstage reunions; I've reconnected with some of the best people on the planet, and met new (to me) performers who are simply wonderful.

 
Backstage with Ruby Deshabille and Adama (I'm obviously just happy to be here...) ** Outside Proud Cabaret with some of the best people...

I have to admit I was a bit scared to come back; would anyone remember me? Would I get booked? Will audiences tastes have changed and no one would like me? But I needn't have worried, and now I wonder why I left it so long! I had my reasons for stepping away, and I have my reasons for coming back. But I also had reasons why I dithered for a time while I considered it, and I'm so glad I made the decision.

Back in the land of London Cabaret

So, here's to a fabulous Christmas, a wonderful New Year, and a packed 2018.


Bring on the bubbly wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment